Food For Thought

Food For Thought
Food For Thought

Monday, December 31, 2012

If Riches Increase,Set Not Your Heart Upon It.

Psalm 61:10
..If riches increase,set not your heart upon it.

God promises to bless his children. Remember he blesses you to be a blessing to others. A member of our church brought bags of star fruits to church to share with the members. I was one of the recipients. My heart was fixed on what I was going to do with them. I thought of juicing them,or  eating them as they were. While focusing on my star fruits I went into a restaurant to purchase a take home meal. As I got up to pay for the meal someone said to me, "Where did you purchase those?" I replied "I did not buy them, a friend of mine gave them to me." Without a second thought I walked over to the table where the family of eight were seated. I gave each one a star fruit. They were very appreciative. 
God wants us to use what he blesses us with  for ourselves and others. He does not want us to focus on our riches. Instead  he wants us to focus on him, and him only. We are here only for a time. No one can take his riches with him.

No comments: