Food For Thought

Food For Thought
Food For Thought

Saturday, December 29, 2012

God Provides Indeed!

Today as I fed the birds at my condo lake, I watched as they ate the food gladly without murmuring or complaining. I then thought of the scripture, "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" ( Matthew 6:25-26)

I began to reason as I watched them ate the grains.  God is indeed true to his words. He has placed it on my heart to feed these hunger birds. It is the same way that  he has placed it on several organizations to feed the poor and homeless. There is enough food to feed everyone if we obey God's voice.

I reflected on the time back in Jamaica when my late husband, Dr. Neville Daley, and I fed and clothed many.    God has not changed. He will continue to place this act of kindness in many hearts. My dear sister , Bishop Dr. Juliette Fagan shared with me how she  asked members of her congregation to donate weekly,   food from their grocery. She now distributes  food to those who are in need.
This is a great idea that many churches could adopt. Let's get back to basic Christianity!
" And all that believed were together, and had all things common; And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need." ( Acts 2:44-45


No comments: