Food For Thought

Food For Thought
Food For Thought

Sunday, April 16, 2017

What Would Jesus Do?

So here I was, driving on this busy road thinking about whom I should give the $2  that someone had  just given me to give the homeless. While negotiating the corner of the road leading home I saw a woman lying on the sidewalk with several bundles.  "Aha," I thought." Let me drive home, collect some bottles of water , food and fruits and the bag of coins I had put away". That I did. On my way to the woman, I met my brother whom I stopped to share my intention. He smiled at me and said, "Do you know whom the lady is?" Before answering him he said, "She is the woman who stole your goods a few months ago."
When I heard those words from the lips of my brother, anger whelmed up within me. I felt to return home with the goods but the love and compassion I had for the poor was stronger than my anger. I smiled and quickly went to her. I asked her if she wanted some water but she replied no. I asked her if she wanted food but she also said no. I then took a bottle of water out of the bag. When she saw the bottle of water she took it from me. Not only did she take the bottles of water but also the bread, fruits, bag of coins and the $2 .
She smiled at me and said, "Thank you, thank you." I replied, "Jesus loves and cares for you."
The power of love and compassion are  greater than the power of  anger and unforgiveness.

No comments: